People frequently ask me what I personally like about Holland. Is it the people, the weather, the diversity in cities? About time I share some things I really love about Holland, the things I dream about when I’m feeling a little homesick. #DreamingofHolland Here we go:
- Dutch people really are open-minded. Wearing an orange suit to the supermarket? Why not! Dancing and singing in the middle of the street? Go for it! We don’t judge quickly and we’ve really seen it all.
- The Netherlands isn’t known for having the best summers. But, the last few years, we’ve had some terrific long (indian) summers. My favourite part about it is how the Dutch all sit outside taking in all the vitamine D with the first rays of sunlight. Nobody minds the cold, just grab a blanket!
- There is always something going on. A new festival, a cool band playing, a restaurant that is opening, an interesting exposition. Sometimes it feels you don’t have time enough to do it all. Great news for meeting planners who are looking for interesting incentives!
- Holland is a multicultural country, and because of that we have the best of the best when it comes to food & drinks. You could eat 3 times a day in a restaurant during your trip and don’t have to eat something from the same kitchen region twice. How great is that?
- The Dutch have great energy. They are always excited to be somewhere and will show it by joining the local festivities, take part in interactive situations or giving back the love by applauding. A great crowd for your event!
The list can go on forever! What do you really like about your country that feels unique to it?